Thursday, August 4, 2016

Back to School, Just Like All of Y'all....

Here we are again!  I loved stepping into Choice Based Art last year with my 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders; I'm going to do it again this year, although I'm tweaking some stuff.  In the next week or so I'll put up some results from last year (forgive me for not doing this at the appropriate time--you know how that burnout thing is, right?) so you can know how it turned out. Maybe as a teaser for this year--stay tuned!!

Here are the bulletin boards.  Compare to last year if you like--you'll notice they're once again teaching tools, same themes, but a little bit of new material.  My fave is the Elements of Art board--I dig the picture frames.  I'm sure I'm not the only Art teacher who gets in the zone making all the cool bulletin boards and posters.  While all my colleagues are stressing over room prep and class lists, I'm earbuds in, rocking out (sometimes dancing--don't judge), and making Art for my kids.  I'll post some pix of my room later.




The landscape, still life, and portrait boards are a little too stock for my wild-at-heart artistic self, but I want my kids to see work by Artists we are going to study.  Otherwise, I'd just fill the boards with my own fun work.   But you know how it is, we actually have to do our job and teach about all those folks.  I used some of the same works as last year...I really dig the diversity in the portrait set, though.  All those Artists are faves of mine.  Reppin' the ladies a bit, too.  I wonder if I need to go Guerilla Girls on my school this year.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment