Sunday, July 17, 2011

School is Around the Corner





Hey Everybody, it's all about to happen again. I hope you've had a super summer! When you get to school I want to hear all about it--where did you go? What did you do? Did you make any art?
I took three trips, and each one of them gave me ideas for art projects for you, so get ready for some cool stuff!





I went to Paris first. Art and Architecture--sublime. Of course! Then I went to Mexico City, and traveled to the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan, and did some research on the Toltecs.












This is the Temple of the Sun. I climbed to the top of it--it's TEN stories high! And looked out over the valley...it's completely amazing. I'm going to be developing lessons on the Toltecs and the Olmecs and the Mayans--look them up! If you bring in information, you know it's always good for extra credit.






I just got back from Baltimore and Annapolis, Maryland. Don't forget that our own country gives us so many wonderful places to go and sights to see. So much of our history is wrapped up in the cities of our original thirteen colonies, and even if we aren't investigating our country's past, there are amazing cultural activities available all around us. Check out some of the cool things right here in Atlanta. We are going to be talking about cultures of many people in our world as we go into the new school year. I can't wait to see what's in store! I'm headed back to start getting things ready for you--we are going to reach for the stars this year, and I am excited! I can't wait to see you all at school in a few weeks. In the meantime, look for stuff that excites you, so you can share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment